Sunday 3 November 2013

House hunting.

House hunting has proved to be far more tricky than previously anticipated.

To put it boldly, there are no large 19th century grand homesteads going wanting in the Armidale vicinity. This is most peculiar. It is most annoying.

Of course, I quickly figured that there was only one potential solution: travel back in time to 1829, build a homestead, get tenants to mind it for the next 184 years, and then travel back to the present day and claim my mansion.

Of course, even this wasn't as simple as it should be. The first few places I built were demolished in the '70s, or burnt down, or just fell down. (Drat.)

This might lead to some ... interesting ... insurance claims for me over the next few months, but anyway.

The important point is that I now have always owned a 19th century homestead just outside of Armidale. I'll move back in next week.

Till then ... Adios!

3 comments:

Mycroft de Perfossor AC said...

Time travel might also explain why I have such a well stocked wine cellar.

John Duley said...

Well done Mycroft, you sly old devil you! But what does your time machine look like? Surely not a blue police box! Or does it change its appearance to suit the times? ;-J

Mycroft de Perfossor AC said...

It's in the form of a Jag Type II. Bad idea, in retrospect. Very hard to make blend in pre-1959.